I’m sure everyone has seen this going around, and it’s really, really cool!
That said, here are some corrections for the Wing Commander portion of the chart. Most of them are formatting, but several of the ships have significantly incorrect lengths (especially: the Hvar’kann dreadnaught, which should be 22 km long, and the Behemoth which lacks an official length… but should be longer.)
- Midway-Class Fleet Carrier - should be 1,830 meters
- Gettysburg-Class Cruiser - has no canonical length
- "Experimental Dreadnaught Behemoth" - has no canonical length
- Murphy-Class Destroyer - should be 589 meters
- Durango-Class Heavy Destroyer - has no canonical length
- Hvar’kann-Class Dreadnought - should be 22,000 meters
- Sivar-Class Dreadnought - should be 550 meters (or: the picture is wrong and it should be the movie Sivar)
- Snakeir-Class SUperdreadnought - should be 650 meters (or: the picture is wrong and it should be the movie Snakeir)
- Fralthra-Class Cruiser - should be 612 meters
- Shiraak-Class Carrier - should be 715 meters
- Concordia-Class Escort Carrier - has no canonical length
- Bengal-Class Escort Carrier - should be “Strike Carrier”
- "Experimental Dreadnaught Behemoth" - class is conjecture
- Snakeir-Class Superdreadnought - should be Snakeir-class Carrier (or: the picture is wrong and it should be the movie Snakeir)
- Concordia-Class Escort Carrier - should be “Carrier” or “Fleet Carrier”
- Plunkett-Class Cruiser - should be Plunkett-Class Heavy Artillery Cruiser
- Tallahassee-Class Cruiser - should be Tallahassee-Class Heavy Cruiser
- Bhantkara-Class Carrier - should be Bhantkara-Class Heavy Carrier
- Southamton-Class Destroyer - should read “Southampton-Class”
- Bengal-class - should read “Bengal-Class”
- Ralari-class - should read “Ralari-Class”
- Fralthra-Class cruiser - should read “Fralthra-Class Cruiser”
- On the Bengal, ‘confederation’ is lower case.
- Fralthi-II Class - should read “Fralthi II-Class”
- Note that it’s spelled ‘Dreadnought’ everywhere but the Behemoth, which the chart lists as ‘Dreadnaught.’
Starship Size Comparison Chart
This is so damn amazing! I think I’m going to have to get a print of it! Follow this link to see if properly.
Wondering where the Deathstar is? Well here’s the FAQ from DirkLoechel’s DA page:
Q: Is it okay for me to download and print the poster?
A: Of course! I may never be making money off it and sell it via DevArt’s poster-print service, but that doesn’t mean this may not be printed by you (and since you cut out the middle man - me - it’s even cheaper for you than if I sold it to you!).
Q: Why isn’t the Death Star/CSO Carrier/V’Ger/other large ship on the chart?
A: For reasons of image quality and chart organisation, only ships between a minimum of 100 meters and 24000 meters are applicable for this chart, sorry. Arbitrary? Yes! But I had to draw the line somewhere.
Q: And where’s TARDIS?
A: It’s both too large and too small for the chart.